The Professional Guidance You Need In Workers’ Compensation Claims
Firm principal Eric Overholt at Eric M. Overholt, Esq., Attorney at Law, in San Diego provides the representation and help that injured workers in California need. Workplace injuries are serious, and can be damaging to your finances, your livelihood and the success of you and your family.
Attorney Eric M. Overholt, Esq., is here to help you. He is ready to provide the guidance, advocacy and representation you need as you determine your eligibility, file your claim, fight appeals, seek medical treatment and everything in between.
What Do You Need To Know?
Workers’ compensation claims can be complex. In addition to the overall process for filing a claim, there are many things you need to be aware of as you file your claim and seek the compensation you deserve. These pages provide even more helpful information:
- Workers’ compensation terminology: Learn about common terms and phrases that are used in workers’ compensation claims and documentation.
- Injured at work? Here’s what to do: These are the first steps you should follow after you suffer an injury. Follow these steps to ensure your claim and any future proceedings have the best chance for success.
- Do I have to pay for a lawyer? In workers’ compensation cases, attorneys are paid on a contingency basis. This means that they cannot charge you anything until a settlement is reached. There are many additional rules that must be followed, as well.
- How to save evidence for your claim: Learn more about why it is important to document everything from the moment you are injured — and the best ways to do it.
- The independent medical review process: The independent medical review process prevents a lot of injured individuals from getting the workers’ compensation benefits they need. You need a professional to help you combat the problems this process has caused for Californians.
- What happens when temporary benefits run out: Unfortunately, there is a time limit to how long you can receive workers’ compensation in the event you cannot work at all from your injuries. There are many options you and Mr. Overholt can explore to help you get the treatment and compensation you deserve.
Ready To Represent You
No matter what kind of injury you suffer or where you work, you need to get an experienced, knowledgeable professional on your side. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of you, and the claims process will be hard to complete on your own. Eric M. Overholt, Esq., is ready to help. Schedule an initial consultation today by calling 619-908-1563 or send an email.